On June 26 and 27, IICRD and UVic's Centre for Global Studies will be co-hosting a seminar/webinar engaging UN agencies, government leaders, academics, research institutions, and youth-led organizations.
The event seeks to share the global experience of young peoples’ use of ICT/social media and other collaborative technologies to influence local, national, regional and international systems of governance and to affect peace‐building and young citizen engagement. There is also interest in the role post‐secondary institutions can play in supporting contemporary and future youth involved in these processes.
Key presenters during the 2 days will include:
- Ravi Karkara, UN Habitat, Youth 21
- Don Popo, Colombian Hip Hop Artist and Founder of La Familia Araya
- Canadian Indigenous youth leaders
- Karim Kisma, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Egyptian youth leader
- Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI)
- Mekong Youth Net
- UN representatives
- Jon Ramer, Compassion Action Network
In addition to the group of delegates who will be physically present in Victoria, we will endeavor to engage many other interested persons and agencies via online platforms, including www.youngpartnersindevelopment.org. Please visit the website for more information.