IICRD presented a Peer Learning Circles series on Leading Development with Children, in collaboration with the BC Council for International Cooperation in Spring 2012.
The purpose of the Peer Learning Circles was to bring organizations and individuals together to share their collective strengths with the aim of improving our practices of ‘development effectiveness’. Drawing on Vancouver Island BCCIC member feedback, the objectives of this series was to:
1. Create a space for reciprocal learning exchanges and networking
2. Engage and enable Southern partners to share and "learn with us"
3. Share presentations, discussion points and other materials in multiple formats (e.g. stories, blogs, podcasts)
4. Contribute to broader learning and strategic priorities of the BCCIC, other Regional Councils and the Canadian Council for International Cooperation
Topics for the three sessions were:
- Session 1: Change Starts with Youth
- Session 2: Child-centred Monitoring and Evaluation
- Session 3: Click to Protect. Change to Connect.
Please find visuals and documentation associated with each session below.