Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance of User Policy
The IICRD Learning Hub website is hosted by the International Institute for Child Rights and Development (IICRD). IICRD provides the IICRD Learning Hub website to you, subject to this User Policy ("UP"), which may be updated by IICRD from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the UP at any time. You will also be subject to any posted guidelines or rules which may be posted from time to time applicable to any IICRD service supplied to you through the IICRD website. All such guidelines or rules are incorporated by reference into this UP.
2. Description of Service
IICRD provides users with access to various resources and information on child participation, including various databases of information, forums for expression, and content through its web site(the "Service"). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that may be added shall be subject to the UP.
3. Your obligations as a member
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to:
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Registration Data");
(b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete; and
(c) provide true, accurate, current and complete information when submitting content to the website. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or IICRD has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, IICRD has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
4. Member account, password, and security
You select a username and password upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password. You agree to
(a) immediately notify IICRD of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and
(b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. IICRD cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
5. Member Conduct
You understand that all information, data, text, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not IICRD, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload,post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. IICRD has limited control of the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will IICRD be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. You agree to not use the Service to:
1. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, pornographic, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. harm other members in any way;
3. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an IICRD staff member, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
4. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
5. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
6. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
7. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
8. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
9. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
10. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
11. "stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
12. collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that IICRD may not pre-screen Content, but that IICRD and those it designates shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, IICRD and its designates shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the terms of this UP or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by IICRD or submitted to IICRD. You acknowledge and agree that IICRD may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
(a) comply with legal process;
(b) enforce these terms of service;
(c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or
(d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of IICRD, our members and the public.
6. International Use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
7. Materials submitted or made available for inclusion on the service
IICRD does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant IICRD the following world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license, as applicable:
With respect to Content (including photos, graphics, audio or video) you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
You agree to indemnify and hold IICRD, and its affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of these terms of service, or your violation of any rights of another.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because IICRD has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that IICRD is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that IICRD shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
10. General Information
These Terms of UP constitute the entire agreement between you and IICRD, and govern your use of the Service, superceeding any prior agreements between you and IICRD. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software. The UP and the relationship between you and IICRD shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada. You and IICRD agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the Province of British Columbia. The failure of IICRD to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the UP shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the UP is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the UP remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the UP must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in the UP are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
11. Modifications to Service
IICRD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that IICRD shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that IICRD, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if IICRD believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the UP. IICRD may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this UP may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that IICRD may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information in your account and/or bar any further access to the Service. Further, you agree that IICRD shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
1. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. IICRD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
2. IICRD MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
3. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
4. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM IICRD OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE UP.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IICRD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF IICRD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
(i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE;
(ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE;
(iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
(iv)STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR
(v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
Please report any violations of the UP to us at email@example.com.
2. Information Collection and Use
IICRD collects personally identifiable information when you register as an IICRD member. When you register with IICRD's Website, we ask for your e-mail address, username, as well as optional information such as your name, city, state/province, and country. Once you register with IICRD and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. IICRD also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, IICRD cookie information and the page you requested. IICRD uses information for three general purposes: to customize the information/content you see, to fulfill your requests for certain services, and to contact you when you request it.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
IICRD may set and access IICRD cookies on your computer, used to identify your member account and to allow for the proper functioning of the IICRD web site and accompanying services.
5. Editing your Information
As a member, IICRD gives you the ability to edit your information at any time and participate in some or all of the services.
IICRD may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting an announcement on our home page.